5 Secrets On Investing From the Pros By Chris Linkas
Chris Linkas is the European Head of Credit for European Credit Group. He has held this position since November of 2012. The group has 20 people, and looks at investments in the UK-Euro regions. Among the regions are the United Kingdom, Ireland, Scandinavia,Benelux, Switzerland, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and Greece (RelationshipScience).
- The experts do not know everything about investing. The market is smarter than the smartest investors because it includes all the smartest investors. One mistake that even the smartest investors sometimes make is doubling down on a bad investment.
- Some investors sell based on what the news is saying (https://www.kirkland.com/sitecontent.cfm?contentID=226&itemid=11779). This means that a stock can go down when the quarterly earnings report of a company is good, because investors may want to sell when the earnings are good, believing the stock will rise for a few days.
- Stocks that are considered defensive can still go down in value. Enbridge Inc. is a good example of this.
- Company takeover rumors are a dime a dozen. Chris Linkas would still own over 1,000 stocks today if he thought that every take over would happen and if he bought into those takeovers.
- Never ignore a stock completely. Chris Linkas believes that even though an investor can get burned on a particular stock, they should not ignore the stock forever, even though it is easy to ignore that stock based on emotion. Markets are always changing, and today’s losers could be tomorrow’s winners.
Chris Linkas invests in various asset classes, including Commercial Real Estate, shipping, renewable, leases, nonperforming loans, corporate loans, corporate securities, Debt, and equity Real Estate investments in North America, and secondary LP interests. Chris Linkas believes in the five principles outlined above, to drive investing returns and strategy. These strategies serve as a guide to investing in various market conditions.